Hello everyone and happy 2nd of December. I can’t believe how quickly the months are flying past and how close we now are to Christmas. This year, I really needed to cut back on how much I spend at Christmas and so I thought I’d share a few tips I’ve picked up along the way to still have a great Christmas, with a small budget. Even if you budget is still pretty big, making sure you don’t overspend can be a great learning curve and a fun challenge too.
6 Helpful Tips For A Christmas On Budget
1. Compare prices online to find the cheapest deal. You can usually find exactly the same item in various retailers & sometimes there can be huge difference in the price. It’s so easy to quickly check who is the cheapest before you buy, so make sure you do your research.
2. Use cashback sites to reward you for spending. Who doesn’t want to be rewarded for spending money! All you have to do is shop through a cashback site rather than your usual search engine so it’s really simple to do.
3. Utilise loyalty card points that you have saved. Boots are great for this – not only do you get 3 for 2 but you can then pay with your points. Another great one is Nectar card, which, if you download the app, you can get extra deals loaded onto your card.
4. Plan 3 for 2 deals in advance. Buy 3 expensive items together to get the most saving. I’ve only recently started doing this but it makes complete sense and I wish I’d done it sooner.
5. Use voucher code sites to see if you can get any extra discounts – sites like Raise have collated every Lowe’s promo code available at the moment, plus codes and coupons for many other top retailers. It’s easy to quickly check online to see if there are any deals before you buy, but it’s so worth it because you can sometimes get amazing deals.
6. Dupes – If you don’t know what dupes are, they are a product that is based on a more expensive product, for a fraction of the cost. Just because they are cheaper, doesn’t mean they are bad quality. A lot of the time you are just paying for the name, so it’s worth checking to see if there is anything similar for less money.
So there is just a few of my tips for having Christmas on a small budget. I hope you enjoyed it and found it useful. Thankfully I’ve finished my Christmas shopping. However, I’ll no doubt help Andy with his, so hopefully these tips will save him money too! Let me know if you have any more tips because I’m always looking for ways to spend less money. I also share a lot of bargains I’ve picked up over on my Instagram Stories, so make sure you’re following me over there.