I’m not sure if its the constant changing in the weather or if because I’ve recently changed jobs, but I’ve found myself wanting to be at home more and having cosy evenings in rather than going out… maybe I’m just getting old! Or just feeling old. With this in mind, I thought I would share my essentials for a perfect night in.
- Good company – having an evening in doesn’t mean you have to be on your own. Being with someone who makes you laugh and has similar interests can make such a good evening. Some of my best evenings in have just been me and Andy clowning around.
- Relaxing Candles – I love scented candles in general but was recently sent some to try from All Candles Wholesale. I chose a set of 3 different sized ones from “The Homely Collection” because they suited my style and although I’m yet to burn them, they look great as decoration in our living room.
- Good food and snacks – personally I love a good takeaway because it means nobody has to do the washing up or cook, although others may enjoy cooking and washing up together. As for snacks, this is usually where the crisps and chocolates come out.
- Comfy clothes – Just because you want to feel comfortable wouldn’t mean you can’t still look good. People always say if you look good, you feel good and I think this is so true. You can see some of my outfit ideas in the fashion section of this blog, and hopefully I will add more outfit ideas in the future.
- Something good on TV or a board game, or even a game of cards – I personally don’t enjoy sitting down to a film so instead I’d choose something on the TV. I’m currently hooked on Four in a bed and First Dates Hotel. If there is nothing on the TV that we fancy watching, we get out a board game or cards instead. Andy has recently been teaching me to play “The London Game” which I’m enjoying, he’s also taught me how to play his work version of “Rummy”.
Do you have any other essentials for a cosy night at home? or have you tried any of the ones mentioned above? Let me know in the comments below!*This post contains a product from All Candles Wholesale which was very kindly gifted to me, however all opinions about the product are my own.